Garage Band Setup for RP500
Garage Band Setup:
Connect the RP500 via USB and launch Garage band.
Select Garage Band>Preferences>Audio/Midi tab>select the RP500 as the audio input and audio output.
Close the Preferences dialog window.
Select Track>New Track>Real Instrument> click create
On the RP500 press the edit down button one time to highlight WAH
Use knob # 5 (USB record Level) turn the level up to 15
Make sure the guitar is connected to the RP500 input and you have headphones or an amplifier connected to the RP500 output.
When you play the guitar you should see the meter moving on the real instrument track.
Click the record button on the transport bar in Garage Band and play your guitar.
You should see the wave file being recorded.
Click stop>rewind>play, you will hear playback out of the RP500.
When using this setup all audio Input and Output within Garage Band will pass through the RP500, headphone or an amplifier must be connected to the RP500 to hear playback from Garage band.
The RP500 Volume Pedal is not functioning
Perform the Expression Pedal Calibration Procedure:
1. Press and hold the Bypass Footswitch until PEDALCAL appears in the display (BYPASS,
TUNER , and EXIT will be displayed before PEDALCAL is accessed, after about 5 seconds.)
2. When the Display prompts you with TOE DowN, rock the Expression Pedal forward (toe
down) and press Footswitch 5 (Reverb).
3. When the Display prompts you with TOE UP, rock the Expression Pedal back (toe up) and
press Footswitch 5 (Reverb).
4. The Display now prompts you to calibrate the V-Switch sensitivity (VSWitchxxx), where
XXX is the current V-Switch threshold. Rock the Expression Pedal forward and press firmly
on the toe once to turn the V-Switch on (WAH ON), and again to turn the V-Switch off (WAH
5. If the V-Switch is too sensitive, press the Up Footswitch to raise the threshold (range is
0-199). The Down Footswitch decreases sensitivity. Keep testing the V-Switch sensitivity and
adjust the threshold until it only engages when you want it to (too sensitive a setting will lead
to the V-Switch falsely triggering on or off when using the Expression Pedal).
6. When the V-Switch sensitivity is set to your satisfaction, press Footswitch 5 (Reverb) to
Note: If the Display shows error, an error has occurred and steps 2 through 5
should be repeated.
RP500 Factory Reset:
Caution: All user presets will be set back to default.
1. Press and hold the Store button while powering up the RP500.
2. When the display prompts you with FACt RST, release the Store button, which is now
3. Press and hold the flashing Store button for 3 seconds until ReSTOReD appears in the
display and release. The Restore procedure takes several seconds to complete; during the
procedure, the display will count up. After the Restore procedure is complete, the Expression Pedal calibration procedure will begin.