ATTENTION: X-Edit 2.6 can be used with RP355 firmware Ver.1.1 to backup presets individually to your hard drive. Once X-Edit is downloaded and installed, it is recommended that you save each preset separately to your computer. Please see below for this procedure.
DO NOT USE X-EDIT'S BACKUP/RESTORE FEATURE WITH RP355 FIRMWARE VERSION 1.1.
One your presets are saved, you should then run the NetUpdater application to update your RP355 firmware to the latest release. Once your RP355 is updated, you can then use X-Edit to restore each preset individually back into your RP355.
Note: Running NetUpdater before saving your presets to your computer will result in losing all your user preset data permanently.
Install X-Edit 2.6 application by following these steps:
- Double-click the X-Edit 2.6 PPC/Intel.dmg file that was downloaded. A window titled X-Edit 2 will open.
- Double-click the X-Edit 2.6 PPC/Intel icon in this window to launch the installer.
- Follow the instructions to install the X-Edit 2.6.0 application.
Once installed you can launch the X-Edit 2.6 Editor/Librarian to backup your presets by double-clicking it's icon in your Applications folder and following this procedure:
- Launch X-Edit.
- Select File>Backup from the file menu to archive your presets to your computer. When the backup is complete, close X-Edit.
- Once your presets are backed up, follow the instructions outlined in the 3. Run NetUpdater tab of this web page to update your RP355 to the latest firmware. Once this is complete, continue with step 4 to restore your presets.
- Launch X-Edit and select File>Restore from the file menu. In the dialog box, select the backup file and click Open to restore.
Once you have updated to firmware 1.3 and restored all your User presets, you can now use X-Edit's editor features.